Premium Korean Stone Bowl Large, No Lid
99 in stock (can be backordered)
Use Directly on Stove & in Oven | Lead-free
- Lead (Pb) free, cadmium (Cd) free, arsenic (As) free. Premium stoneware (ceramics) made from fine clay, glaze-fired twice with a natural glaze.
- Can be used for cooking directly on stovetops, in ovens and microwaves. Dishwasher safe.
- Easy to maintain, and more sanitary and long-lasting compared to bowls made with natural stone.
- Keeps the food sizzling and hot while eating.
- Food tastes better and retains more nutrients due to the even distribution of heat and the emission of far-infrared heat.
- Great for bibimbap, soups, stews, rice, risotto, baked pastas, chili, casserole dishes, pot pies, beans, vegetables
- volume: 47.3 fl oz (1400 ml), about 5.8 cups
- bowl weight: 2.5 lb. (1.13 kg)
- inner diameter: 7¼” (18.4 cm)
- outer diameter: 7¾” (20 cm)
- bowl height: 3¼ (8 cm)
Packaging: packed in individual box
Content: 1 Ceramic Bowl, 1 Heat-proof Plastic Trivet/Coaster Trivet
Origin: Product of Korea
Also known as: Dolsot, Ddukbaegi, Bibimbap Bowl, Stone Pot, Stoneware, Clay Pot, Heat Resistant Ceramic, Hot Pot, Gyeranjjim Pot, Korean soup bowl, steamed egg pot
The Premium Korean Stone Bowl is a ceramic stoneware product made from fine clay. Stoneware, by definition, is a ceramic which is fired at about 1,100 °C (2,010 °F) to 1,300 °C (2,370 °F) and glazed. Stone bowl is the common North American name for this type of bowl. It is a direct translation of Dolsot in Korean, most commonly associated with the popular Korean sizzling rice dish Dolsot Bibimbap.
Stone bowls are made to be porous in order to retain heat longer.ë_However, lower quality ceramic stone bowls and stone bowls made of natural stone are permeable to water also. This means dish detergent or other materials can enter and remain in the pores, making these bowls unsanitary. The Premium Korean Stone Bowl is much more sanitary as it has finer pores that minimize the water penetration. It is still breathable, however, because it is made with finer clay and glaze-fired twice using natural glaze. Also, the Premium Stone Bowl is far more durable and long-lasting compared to most common stone bowls.
|Dimensions||4.87 × 4.87 × 2.5 in|
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.